Dear valued customers, we have some exciting news to share with you! We are pleased to announce that, after careful deliberation and planning, we have decided to merge the Standard & Stanpro businesses together.
Strategically this merger will allow the two companies to utilize each other’s strengths and synergies, which will allow the combined entity to increase its value proposition and to invest and grow at an accelerated pace.
Merger benefits and features
Some of the key benefits and features of this combined business are as follows:
- It will be one of the largest lighting companies in Canada, employing close to 400 people
- It will be 100% Canadian owned and managed
- It will have Design, Engineering & Manufacturing capabilities in Canada
- It will have core strengths in Construction Projects, Retrofit, & National Accounts
- It will have extensive business development capabilities at Specification, Contractor, and End-User levels to create demand for its products and to support its distributor network
- Its product line will include the following major categories:
- Industrial Lighting
- Commercial Lighting
- Architectural Lighting
- Decorative Lighting for Commercial & Residential Applications
- Emergency Lighting
- Explosion Proof and Harsh Location Lighting
- Accent Lighting (Tapes, Strings, Pucks, Undercabinet, etc.)
- Temporary Lighting
In the meantime
Combining the two businesses will be a major effort and we plan to “go live” as a combined business in the fourth quarter of this year once we migrate to a uniform platform on SAP. Between now and go-live, we will combine parts of the businesses that make sense while leaving other parts as is. For example, you will continue to call the same inside sales people, place purchase orders, and receive orders for Stanpro separately from Standard. From an outside sales perspective, each company’s reps will be able to offer you both Standard & Stanpro products for stock as well as for project and retrofit opportunities.
In the next week, we will be busy communicating and rolling out the plan to our employees and will be providing a further update on February 7th, which will outline detailed changes that we will be implementing. We feel confident that our updated structure will allow us to serve and support you in an even more significant way moving forward.
At “go live” in the fourth quarter, the combined company name will change to Standard-Stanpro Inc. and all services and support will be integrated. Distribution centers and sales offices are currently in multiple buildings located in BC, Ontario, Quebec, & Nova Scotia. While we plan to keep the same footprint, we will eventually be consolidating into one facility in each area where we have more than one property.
In terms of Management, Standard’s David Nathaniel will be the CEO of the combined business while Stanpro’s Sam Rimoin will be President, and Stanpro’s Rob Nadler will be Executive Vice-President. Sam and Rob have done a fantastic job building Stanpro over the past 18 years and have the experience and capabilities to take our new business successfully into the future.
We are proud of the teams at both Standard & Stanpro and thank them for putting us in a position that allows us to join together. We will move forward stronger and more capable than ever to bring value to you, our employees, and the marketplace.